IMPORTANT: The Address for Service Wizard has been designed for use by experienced trade mark applicants and agents. If you are inexperienced with trade mark applications we strongly recommend that you use the Trade Mark Wizard which has been designed to help novice users.
The IPOL Address for Service wizard is a sophisticated online form which enables experienced trade mark filers outside New Zealand to lodge an application which meets New Zealand’s legal filing requirements, including:
- the use of IPOL Limited as a New Zealand address for service; and
- the ability to create a specification from an approved list of goods and/or services.
Ongoing Support as Address For Service
Once you have completed the wizard your application details will be sent directly to the New Zealand Intellectual Property Office ("IPONZ"). The IPOL website is designed to seamlessly file your application without unnecessary delays. Once filed IPONZ will communicate directly with you regarding the application. However, IPOL will remain the Address for Service for the application and will ensure that any documents received in relation to the application or subsequent registration are sent to the contact person.
Simple and cost effective to use
This Wizard has been designed for use by experienced trade mark applicants as it allows a wider variety of options compared to IPOL’s standard trade mark wizard.
Once the application details are confirmed, the IPOL Address for Service Wizard will automatically send your application details to the New Zealand Intellectual Property Office. IPOL will email you as soon as we receive electronic confirmation from IPONZ that your application has been filed.
You will be asked to provide the following information during the application process:
- Full details of the contact person for the application(s), including an email and postal address
- Full details of the owner or owners of the trade mark(s), including the correct legal names
- The trade mark you want to register. If the trade mark includes an image or it is stylised, you will need to upload an electronic image in one of the following formats- .gif, .jpg, .doc, .pdf or .tif
- Full details of the goods and services in relation to which your trade mark is being used or will be used in the future. The IPOL Wizard includes a search function that will allow you to compile lists of goods or services that will comply with official requirements.
IPOL is able to take payment by Visa, American Express, Mastercard and Diners.
The IPOL Wizard is very cost effective.
You will pay IPOL a fee of NZ$150 for each trade mark application you file- regardless of the number of classes or goods and/or services.
In addition to the IPOL fee there will be official fees of NZ$150 per class of goods and services that you choose. These prices do not include GST which will apply to New Zealand applicants.
You can choose as many goods and services as you like in each class at no extra cost.
IPOL also provides optional advisory services if you are not sure about your trade mark application. These services can be reviewed at the checkout at the end of the Wizard process.